Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm Outta Here!







"Flatirons from Chatauqua"
Oil on Canvas
16x20"






Well, after months of craziness I finally have some time to really relax. On Monday I'll be driving down the Forbes ranch in Southern Colorado to paint and hang out with other artists for over a week (see this post for the backstory). I'm looking forward to having such a big chunk of time devoted to painting without other distractions. The ranch is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so it will be a nice retreat.

I'm a little bit nervous because I lack the credentials of many of the other chosen artists, but I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning a lot. And since I'll be completely out of touch, I won't have to answer to my day job (yay!).

I'll probably keep a journal while I'm there and post about it when I get back. In the meantime, I'm outta here!!

The painting above is the other that will go to the client who commissioned the Mt. Evans painting that I've been working on recently. He's already seen photos of this one and approved it. Hope he likes the Mt. Evans one too!!

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time, Stacers, I am looking forward to hearing about it and seeing what you accomplish while you are there.

    Kinda jealous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great opportunity! Looking forward to hearing how it went.

    And add me to the list of jealous artists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the flatirons painting!

    hope you have an amazing time on the ranch, looking forward to hearing the stories!

    ReplyDelete