Well, it's a new year and I'm not even going to begin to attempt to status my 2009 goals to see how I did. That train derailed quickly when I got pregnant, and there's no point in beating myself up about what I didn't get done this year!
Instead, I figured I might as well make a short list of some of the things I DID manage to do this year, just to make myself feel a little bit better (even though I'll still be internally beating myself up). So, here are some of the things I'm proud to have accomplished this year:
- Had a painting accepted into the Salon International show
- Participated in the Colorado Governor's Invitational
- Survived 5 months of all-day "morning" sickness
- Managed to keep my art business afloat despite aformentioned morning sickness
- Got invited to join a great new gallery
- Had a successful two-person show in August
- Moved into the gorgeous new house my husband built
- Started working in my roomy new studio
- Gave birth to a beautiful baby boy (sans drugs!)
- Sold more paintings than I painted
- Had my work featured in and on the cover of the local tourist magazine
- Had my studio featured in the American Artist "Studios" magazine
- Awarded "Best of Show" in the November FineArtViews Contest
Overall, 2009 was a tough year for me, mainly because I had a rough pregnancy and couldn't physically do a lot of things I wanted to do. It was totally worth it though, and I know I can get things back on track with my art this year. I'm thankful for my kids and my health, and thankful that I get to do what I love for a living, so in the end it's all good.