Or the lack thereof…
Seriously - I feel like I have accomplished nothing today.
Since I arrived at work, I have:
- Read through three people’s blogs in their entirety (as in all the way back to the beginning, last year)
- Gone into the restroom to blow my nose about a hundred times (I have a cold and I have a thing about blowing my nose in front of people)
- Called Nate three times to discuss weekend plans
- Had an in depth email conversation with my sister about the reason for escalating heating/electricity bills (she asked, okay?!)
- Chatted with the guys across the hall for 45 minutes (apparently they aren’t feeling productive today either)
- Brainstormed with another guy about what tools I would have to sneak into the office on a weekend to remove the 3 foot high cube wall that covers the bottom half of my windows (now that I have a window, I find it very important to optimize the amount of natural light in my office)
- Attempted to come up with a training schedule that will get me back into shape this month after being pretty lazy for the past few weeks.
- Walked across the floor to the break room to make a cup of tea 4 times – spent time talking with people on the way there and back each time.
- Made a list of Christmas presents to buy for everyone (even though I know I won’t go shopping for a few more weeks)
- Updated my artwork inventory spreadsheet and pricing list.
- Reviewed some drawings… There – I did do some real work!!!
I actually don’t feel bad about any of this, because I made the mistake of taking cold medicine this morning and I’ve been in a fog all day. I figure that if I actually tried to do any real engineering work, I would just make a mistake, and that wouldn’t be good. So I’m going to finish up all the mindless administrative tasks that I have to get done, and then go home for the weekend. Yay!!