Friday, December 02, 2005

Productivity

Or the lack thereof…

Seriously - I feel like I have accomplished nothing today.

Since I arrived at work, I have:

  • Read through three people’s blogs in their entirety (as in all the way back to the beginning, last year)
  • Gone into the restroom to blow my nose about a hundred times (I have a cold and I have a thing about blowing my nose in front of people)
  • Called Nate three times to discuss weekend plans
  • Had an in depth email conversation with my sister about the reason for escalating heating/electricity bills (she asked, okay?!)
  • Chatted with the guys across the hall for 45 minutes (apparently they aren’t feeling productive today either)
  • Brainstormed with another guy about what tools I would have to sneak into the office on a weekend to remove the 3 foot high cube wall that covers the bottom half of my windows (now that I have a window, I find it very important to optimize the amount of natural light in my office)
  • Attempted to come up with a training schedule that will get me back into shape this month after being pretty lazy for the past few weeks.
  • Walked across the floor to the break room to make a cup of tea 4 times – spent time talking with people on the way there and back each time.
  • Made a list of Christmas presents to buy for everyone (even though I know I won’t go shopping for a few more weeks)
  • Updated my artwork inventory spreadsheet and pricing list.
  • Reviewed some drawings… There – I did do some real work!!!

I actually don’t feel bad about any of this, because I made the mistake of taking cold medicine this morning and I’ve been in a fog all day. I figure that if I actually tried to do any real engineering work, I would just make a mistake, and that wouldn’t be good. So I’m going to finish up all the mindless administrative tasks that I have to get done, and then go home for the weekend. Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. haha! you didn't tell me you started a blog - sneaky you are. =) and how cute are you in your picture profile?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS cute in that picture. I don't even have a picture in my profile.

    Alas, I was forced in to productivity today through no fault of my own.

    Oh, but my friends appreciated the explanation of their Xcel bills. Apparently that's better than what they get from Xcel, who tend to be a bit defensive.

    ReplyDelete