Thursday, February 07, 2008

Make that a Sick WEEK

"Above Aspen"
Oil on Panel
12x16"
2007

Ugh. I'm now on Day 4 of the crud - no fun!

I felt so bad on Tuesday that I convinced Nate to stay home yesterday so I could lay in bed all day and attempt to recover. I finally got some decent rest and two nights of good sleep, and I'm feeling a lot better today. The body aches and fever are gone, and now I just feel like I have a cold. I'm still tired though, so I'm trying not to push it. Aspen's going down for her nap right now (well, actually, she's standing in her crib blowing rasberries) and I'd love to paint but I just don't have the energy so I'm laying in bed again.

The good thing about all of this is that I'm almost done pulling everything together for my 2007 taxes, which was a boring job I had been putting off for the past month. Being stuck in bed with nothing to do was all I needed to get it done. I'm also dying to get back into the studio - I was in the middle of a few new paintings at the end of last week, and I can't wait to get back in the studio and finish them and start some new stuff. I also think I found us a condo to rent while we build our house in Granby, which means we'll be moving to the mountains in just a couple of months!

Anyhow, hopefully I can kick this stupid illness for good. I'm running out of new images to post here, so I need to finish up some paintings and have a photo session!!

4 comments:

  1. Bummer - I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on find the condo and getting the taxes done! I just finished mine and they are ready to send to the accountant as soon as I xerox a few forms. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I'm sure you guys picked that crud up from me and Daniel. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I hope you are feeling better. I must say you that I like very very much your works. Very good job indeed.
    My best wishes for the future and I am waiting for your new works.
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog through IndiaArtist (http://indiaartist.blogspot.com) and am so glad she mentioned your work - its lovely. Your palette is subtle and serene, capturing the beauty of the Rocky Mountains without screaming about it. I'll look forward to seeing more and to passing your site on -

    ReplyDelete