Monday, February 04, 2008

Sick Day

"Ten Below"
Oil on Panel
11x14"
2007

One of the joys of having a toddler is that I seem to catch every cold she catches, and since she seems to catch something every time she's around other kids, it seems like we've both been sick all winter. Anyhow, we were both boogery and coughing today, so it turned into a sick day in the Peterson household. When Aspen was awake we snuggled on the couch and watched Sesame Street, and when she was asleep I crawled into bed with my phone and computer and caught up on some business to-do items. I just didn't have the energy to stand at my easel. The day wasn't a total loss though - I ordered some frames, paid the bills, updated my website, and made some phone calls. Now it's 8 pm and I'm going to sleep!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. Sorry you're sick.

    Oooh. Love this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, boogers.

    Isn't parenting fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon, Stacy. chicken noodle soup, tea and snorting salt water is the cure.

    By the way you did great on the January goals. I missed two weeks of painting and only managed to complete 4 studio pieces.
    Hopefully February will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate. Our daughter started school this year and it seems like we have been constantly sick.
    I visited your updated web site before reading this post and the two that caught my eye are the two that are in the Salon International. Bets of luck with that.

    ReplyDelete