Saturday, December 17, 2005

From the Top

Woohoo!! I finished this painting this morning - I think I started it at the end of October, but it seems like I've been working on it for ages... Now I just have to sign the thing!


This is the view from the top of Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park, painted from a reference photo I took at the end of June. I really worked on conveying the mood of the landscape with this one, and I'm pretty happy with it, so I thought I'd share it. Details:

Title: From the Top
Medium: Oil on Linen Canvas Panel
Size: 18x24"

I'll probably start posting my paintings here as I finish them...

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I saw this hanging in your family room gallery the other night! It's a FABulous painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been visiting various Artist sites asking people if they would like to donate a few images and/or words regarding their individual feelings about the idea of PEACE.

    Then, I'll build a specific BLOG POST featuring your own thoughts and artwork. Additionally, I'll include a link back to your original site.

    Thus far, it's been a slow process, but I enjoy your work and it would be an honor to feature it on the following site:

    http://just-one-day-of-peace.blogspot.com/

    Take care and keep painting...

    http://dayten.blogspot.com/

    PS
    I enjoy how you gave the oil an almost photo quality with this work. Good luck on being a new parent!

    ReplyDelete