Thursday, December 08, 2005

Reality Check

I swear, there are certain moments of the day when I just look around and wonder to myself, "How the hell did I get myself here?"

Like today, for instance.

I've been stuck in meetings all week, staring at a 3D model of a chemical plant projected up on a screen for 8 hours a day - tedious, to say the least. Today I glanced around the room over my 10th cup of coffee and realized that, of course, I was the only female in the room.

The only female, and the youngest person by at least 10 years.

In a meeting of 30 people!!

And it took me 4 days to notice this because it's just so normal to me at this point.

If you had asked me in high school what I would be doing 10 years in the future, I just don't think I could have imagined this scenario with any stretch of my imagination... Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. i have been in that scenario far too many times. what happened with our life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's that way in insurance too. I mean, we at least have women, but I'm alway the youngest by like 10 or 15 years. At least in this office I have Dustin to keep me company.

    ReplyDelete