Monday, February 06, 2006

Silver Lining

Grrr....

I'm cranky this month. Work is out of control busy, and I'm not too excited about it. I managed to finish a painting this weekend though, which is better than nothing, right? And I rode my bike yesterday for the first time in ages, which is a good step in the right direction. So it's not all that bad I suppose!


I think it's kind of ironic that I painted this and titled it "Silver Lining", considering that my entire focus for the past two weeks has been trying to find the positive in a not-so-positive work situation.

Title: "Silver Lining"
Medium: Oil on Canvas
Size: 16x20"

Edited to add that my sister has informed me that she thought this looked like a cheesy-religious-god-light type of painting on first glance (she said it much more nicely, of course). In my defense, it looks a lot better when you can see the brushwork etc. - it's not all smooth. There's a better picture on my website. Honestly - I try not to paint anything that could resemble a Kinkade painting in any way, shape, or form.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to see that painting in person before I can comment on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, yes, definitely looks better on her website... :)

    ReplyDelete